Overactive bladder is a problem with bladder storage function that causes a sudden urge to urinate. The urge may be difficult to suppress, and overactive bladder can lead to the involuntary loss of urine (incontinence) and frequent urination day and/or night.
People with this condition can feel embarrassed and change their daily activity to try and avoid uncomfortable situations. The good news is there are many effective treatments for overactive bladder. West Georgia Urology provides the latest in treatments for this condition.
Our medical staff will start by taking a detailed medical history and performing a physical exam. This evaluation may include the following:
- Urine Culture & Sensitivity
- Post-void residual
- Renal Bladder Ultrasound
- CT Scan
- Urine Flow Studies
- A strong, sudden urge to urinate
- Experience urge incontinence (involuntary loss of urine immediately following an urgent need to urinate)
- Urinate frequently (usually eight or mores times in 24 hours)
- Awaken two or more times in the night to urinate (nocturia)